Articles for Administrative Assistants, Executive Assistants and All Administrative Professionals
(All articles below are under copyright and owned by The Effective Admin; you do not have permission to reprint them in your newsletters, Web sites, etc.)
♦ Executive Assistant vs Office Manager (job description) I’m an executive assistant who would like to take my career one step further. The next level appears to be office manager. Can you tell me what is the difference between an executive assistant and an office manager?
♦ Admin Working for a Manager Versus Working for an Executive I’ve been an administrative assistant for several years and I am considering applying for an executive assistant position that recently opened up at my company. What are the differences between working for a mid-level manager and an executive, and how would that affect my duties?
♦ College Degrees for Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants or Not, How important is a college degree these days to attaining a position and making a career in the administrative support profession? Please elaborate on why it is or isn’t important.
♦ Skills Assessment Testing During Administrative Assistant Job Interviews I have a few questions related to skills assessments:
- Why do employers conduct these tests during job interviews?
- How can I prepare?
- If I get called back after an interview to take a skills assessment, is this considered a good sign?
- How much will my results affect my chances of getting the job?
♦ Should Administrative Assistants and Executive Assistants Pursue More Education?
Read a few thoughts from The Effective Admin on continuous education and learning for administrative assistants, executive assistants and administrative professionals of all levels.
♦ How to be The Irreplaceable Administrative Professional Learn what can set you apart from your admin pro colleagues.
♦ Busting Myths: False Excuses Some Admins Make to Justify Not Participating in Professional Development, Skills and Competencies Training, and Continuing Education Why don’t you participate in paid professional development, training, and continuing education related to your administrative professional job and career? I’m busting you and those excuses in this article.
♦ What is a Successful Administrative Professional? Here are five ways you might define success as an administrative assistant or executive assistant.
♦ Is the Green Monster Blocking Your Workplace Satisfaction and Success Read this article so you don’t get caught by the green monster and unintentionally sabotage your own career success and satisfaction as an administrative professional (or just stress yourself out over what’s not really important at work).
♦ Admin Pro Coach Q&A About How You Become a More Successful Administrative Professional:
The Admin Pro Coach addresses the following questions in this section.
- Question: What do the best administrative professionals have in common?
- Question: Do you need to be an extrovert in personality to achieve on the job and career success as an administrative professional (versus an introvert)?
- Question: Can I be successful as an administrative professional by just working hard at my desk (nose to the grindstone as the old adage goes)?
- Question: Can I be a successful administrative professional by learning as I go on the job?
♦ For more free articles, see the TEA Blog and subscribe to TEA Updates (free) ezine.